Horticultural Society of Tripura
HORTICULTURE RESEARCH COMPLEX, NAGICHERRA, WEST TRIPURA
Horticulture Research Complex (HRC) was established in
March, 1981 at Nagicherra, about 10 km. away from Agartala with
major objectives like
(i) introduction, acclimatization and evaluation of major
(ii) establishment of germplasm bank for indigenous and
exogenous horticultural crops for future research and (iii)
production of elite planting materials.
Major activities at present :
1. Production of hybrid TPS seeds – highest in the world –
for catering the requirements, within and outside the state for
production of table potato.
2. Trials on performance of hybrid varieties of major vegetables
and standardization of agro-techniques for cultivation of
off-season and exotic vegetables for rendering necessary advice
to the farmers in the state.
3. Collection, conservation and improvisation of Jhum vegetables
4. Production of vegetable seeds through registered growers’
under certification arrangements.
5. Standardization of techniques for canopy management,
rejuvenation, meadow orcharding and high density plantation of
different fruit crops of the state for increasing profitability.
6. Production and supply of vegetatively propagated grafts/buds
etc. of plantation crops to the growers.
7. Stanardization of techniques for profitable cultivation of
spices in Tripura.
8. Standardization of techniques for profitable cultivation of
exotic flowers in Tripura.
9. Training and capacity building of growers’ and extension
Dignitaries’ visited :
Sri Devilal, former Dy. Prime Minister, India, Sri N.M.
Routroy, Sri V. Reddy, & Sri N.M. Mirdha former Union Ministers,
GOI, Sri Ramesh Bhandari, His Excell’y Governor of Tripura, Sri
Manik Sarkar, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Tripura, Sri Shyam Benegal,
Film Director and Sri G.B. Singh, DDG, ICAR.